20 Questions – Ruth
- What is your biggest fitness achievement?
The Etape, 150km cycling through Provence finishing with a 21k climb up the “Giant of Provence” Mont Ventoux”!!
- If you could only do one sport for the rest of your life, what would it be? Definitely skiing, the mountain air, views and sense of total escape are unbeatable.
- What is your favourite toy?
Well my dog is like a big cuddly toy so I guess it would have to be him.
- What is your next big fitness challenge?
Nothing in the diary yet but would love to do another marathon, probably abroad, Paris or new York and long term I’d love to cycle Lands End to John O Groats.
- What is your favourite charity?
Close call between cancer research and ARC as both have played a part in my life on a personal level.
- How would you distribute your lottery winnings?
I’d share it with all my friends and family, give some to charity and go on a spending spree in Selfridges!!
- Who do you most admire?
My mum, an incredible lady, honest, strong, dignified and kind beyond words.
- Describe your relationship with food?
Adore it, and I actually really do enjoy the boring stuff, lentils, spinach, salmon etc but don’t despair, I also love chocolate, crisps and dips and chips!!
- Are you in a relationship?
I am, with my best friend, Duncan.
- What bores you?
People who constantly moan, life is too short!
- What inspires you?
Seeing people less privileged and less able achieving great things through sheer determination and never giving up.
- What trainers do you wear?
Newton’s and Salomon Speed Cross for off-road.
- Describe yourself in 3 words
Determined, positive and happy.
- Favourite movie?
Breakfast at Tiffanys.
- Favorite tipple?
Hot summers day – mojito and Cold winters day – large glass of Pinot noir.
- Favourite famous sporting moment?
England Rugby winning the world cup.
- What was your last formal qualification?
Level Three Dip in Sports Massage.
- What has been your best overseas trip?
The Maldives- exquisite.
- Do you own a bicycle?
Yes I have a Trigon road bike which is my second favourite toy and a mountain bike for getting muddy on.
- What question do you wish you’d been asked?
Do I have any children? Yes, I have two, James and Sophie, both at university and quite simply, my reason for being!